View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 09:36 PM   #5
Freedom

Default Re: Pulled in Two Directions

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlelight View Post
(1) When in this fellowship, I have never really felt I could bring my unbelieving friends to meetings, "the Lord`s table" or to meetings. I did however try this a few times, but with very damaging results, that needed explanation and repair later. I don't say any church meeting is perfect, but if the Lord is really present, shouldn't a church meeting be a place where one could easily bring his friends? Just asking really.
I can relate to this, and I think you are asking all the right questions. When I made the decision to leave the LC, there was a lot of inner turmoil. It was hard to reconcile the things which I perceived to be positive about the LC with the concerns that I had.

I think that I had a number of positive experiences. Those were the kinds of things that I always felt like others should know about. I wanted people to come to the LC and have those same experiences. It just never happened though. In every single instance, the people that we tried to gain either weren't interested or were scared away. That was a big eye opener for me. It also helped me to place less emphasis on any of the "positive" LC experiences that I had.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote