View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 11:39 AM   #204
aron

Default Re: "A particular and unique place"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think I've read the post you referred to.
"If individuals such as these were those in charge maybe there's hope. It seems to be a more rational stance. " Agree.
Also, at the end of reading that post, I smiled. Phew! There's hope that not everyone trained by LSM turns into a Chichi Woo. (Chichi Woo commented on Jo's fb acting like a LSM robot).
The "apology" was for publicly joking about allegations of abuse. But the system that produced the abuses was defended as "a particular and unique place" to gain Christ. No, it is not. It is a particular and unique place to grow and cover over abuse. Just like the RCC was.

So I just see retrenchment, here. A careful repositioning of the message. Like he contacted DCP, said, "Can I apologize" and they said, "Yes, write this".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo S View Post
You're onto something here, Aron. If you pay attention you'll noticed the bait-and-switch at the end of Mr. Cuthbertson's "apology".

While his apology seemed sincere, it's ultimate purpose was to justify the "church-life" and perhaps inadvertently guilt those whom left.

I don't know if his behavior is conscious, at least I hope it's only a result of programming, but I already see those replying to his post being sympathetic.

It's these times where you have to stand firm in love and not give the Local Church a foothold, for your sakes' and for David's.
He still spoke of the "rich ministry" which is a joke on numerous levels. First, Jesus taught never to take the first place but take the least place otherwise risk being sent down. This ministry has done nothing but presume pride of place and how many has it infected? Second, you see the one at the end of the Bible, "I am rich and need nothing" (Rev 3:17). Witness Lee said that he learned nothing from anyone else for the last 45 years of his life. Is that self-proclaimed "I'm rich and need nothing" or what? Lastly, the mess Lee made of scriptural exegesis in the Psalms (among other places), going against clear NT precedent in reception (Psalms were received positively by Jesus and epistle-writers many times) by calling them "fallen human concepts" and "mixed sentiments" in footnotes, how can you call that "rich" or "feeding" people? That's just wrong. That's Amateur Hour Theology.

And the poster said, he's willing to learn. How can you learn if you call every critique of your position a "rebellion" or "attack"? Did he actually read and address the points of the Jo Casteel letter? It looked like a DCP whitewash to me. You know, Good Cop/Bad Cop. Here comes the Good Cop.

Quote:
I feel like there is much more to be gained by learning from the past and continuing from where we are than scrapping everything and trying to find an entirely new way to go on.
Pure boilerplate. Continuing from where we are? That is what Jo Casteel asked for: treating women with respect. Not jamming theology down children's throats but teaching them to think critically. (AND letting them be children!!!) Admitting mistakes and making restitution. Until someone at LSM and LC churches shows evidence of learning behaviour, it will be empty rhetoric. "Be doers of the Word and not hearers only".