View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 05:04 PM   #73
Ohio

Default Re: Does "Baptist" Mean to a Baptist What "Recovery" Means..

Quote:
Originally Posted by byHismercy View Post
Hmmm, wow, Ohio, your insight makes me think you went through the same situation I did, maybe another version of the same story...? Amazing how many testimonies can be found online that are almost mirror images of my LC experience. We were cast off by one whom we had opened our home to....invited to come and live in our home...a person my kids call Grandma...our shunning is not a figment of my imagination. Their friendship and fellowship in Christ, I have come to learn, was a figment of my imagination...it was all one sided. Genuine on our part, faked on the LC side.
Before I left the LC in 2005, for several years I studied Plymouth Brethren history, reading many stories of division and excommunication. The Lord gave me the desire to understand what had happened to us -- how could something so good become so bad? This highly contagious Christian disease of pride, exclusivism, and elitism had been around since the time of Jesus. The Gospel of John lists a few stories of shunning just to show us these painful events occurred in the 1st century.

On this forum, poster Indiana also resides in the NW. He has been treated as bad or even worse.

The LC disease is systemic, members from every area of the world have been outrageously treated just like you. Love for Jesus and brotherly love has long been replaced with love and zeal for a man and his teachings.

The Good News is that the Spirit of Jesus Christ is well able to comfort you and encourage you in your trials. He has been thru this before with many of His other children for two millennia. You may not get any "justice" in this age, but I guarantee that His grace is sufficient for you and your family.