View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 06:30 PM   #11
Freedom

Default Re: Non-LC member dating an LC member--help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boughtbyJesus View Post
This is what I say about my poor husband! That he has become a robot regurgitating what has been spoon-fed to him. When he goes off on his pontificating tangents, I always ask him: can you repeat what you just said in your own words? Of course he is never able to because he has memorized the mumbo-jumbo verbatim and will not allow himself to critically/rationally think things through, less he "gets in his mind!"
Sadly, it's just what members are programmed to do. It's worth noting that the whole concept of "prophesying" is intended that members would re-speak Lee's ministry in a declarative way. Because they are re-speaking something that someone else spoke, it's not necessarily something that means anything to them personally. It's really easy to mix up fact and fiction. I could study their outlines all day long and be just as confused as when I started, if not more confused.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote