View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #55
Ohio

Default Re: Andrew Yu and Chris Wilde interviewed by Bible Answer Man Hank Hanegraa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Southern California brothers were very guilty of being tale bearers. Texas brothers were deep into slander. It appears that you GLA brethern also knew how to spread tales. All spoke about things they did not know about.

It would be good for the brothers in the GLA to consider 2 Cor 7:11, For observe this very thing, that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter. NKJV

Are the brothers in the GLA really clear in the matter of taking what WL and the LSM did to many saints in 1988-89.
Last year I heard a story that made me sick. Brothers spreading rumors about brothers supposedly spreading rumors. It's so sad how religious zeal and man-pleasing forces precious brothers to play the "blame game." Face-saving and rapport with headquarters will subtly coerce some to betray even their comrades. Let's be honest here. "The work" still oversees and rules the churches. Many brothers still feel responsible to "the work" concerning the churches they serve. When things go sour, how much easier it becomes to find local scapegoats than it is to take ownership.

Your question about whether "the GLA is really clear in the matter of taking what WL and the LSM did to many saints in 1988-89," is surprising. I have not seen nor heard anything which would indicate this. GLA authors place the blame squarely on the BB's. Unofficially, they might now receive these quarantined brothers and you into fellowship, but that is a far cry from publicly owning any and all irresponsible actions from that time period.

Here's two verses which seems to govern GLA actions, 2 Tim 3.14, "Knowing from whom you have learned them" and 1 Co 4.15, "You do not have many fathers." I have heard these verses mentioned by some who have switched their allegiances from Anaheim to Cleveland. The point is simple, these ones who are our "father," from whom we have learned, we take note. "Fathers," like our human fathers, don't have to be perfect, so we cover them, we learn from them, we honor them, we protect them. Right or wrong is not ours to judge. This is the same mindset which governs the BB's, and which gave so much license to WL.