View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #35
BlueOrchid

Default Re: Witness Lee's church puts a women's virginity above anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
I think the elders and controlers of LSM and the LC movement are agnostic in that they cant trust the Spirit to lead and minister in the hearts of young people to find spouses. It seems that the elders think the Spirit needs the elders to meddle, give opinions, and guide the saints according to natural knowledge.
Wow you hit the nail on the head!!! That makes so much sense.

I remember watching how things transpired between brothers and sisters from a young age and thought it was kind of odd that the elders had such a say. Like if two people loved each other but a brother didn't have a "sense of peace" about it they would stop pursuing the relationship. And yes, I do think it made it worse. It's like no one really had a real choice, ever. And that's such a mind screw. So frustrating and not normal!!!

It's bad enough that they limit the interactions between brothers and sisters when it's normal for them to want to start talking. But that the elders have such a place in the beginning of the relationship, and the wedding itself in a lot of cases isn't cool. Also just the underlying suspicion/lack of trust wasn't cool.
It's not normal for every head to turn when a brother is trying to talk to a sister. It's weird.

I felt too smothered and just couldn't deal with the judgement, gossip, control and constant waiting for the ok just to talk to someone!!! I just couldn't bear the thought of having to live up to such high standards and fit into so many boxes just to be "allowed" to have something that was normal. I'm glad that there are some that are happily married but sadly there aren't enough success stories with their "model"
It just makes sense to connect the dots-there isn't much respect or trust that things really do work out for the good to those who love God.
Autonomy is next to non existent.
BlueOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote