View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 07:36 AM   #5
OBW

Default Re: Witness Lee and AW Tozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
I noticed the site is called "Lord's move in Canada". Imagine how convenient it was for Lee and now the BB's to label anything they do as "the Lord's move in X". That's not to mention the fact that there were ministers doing works in places long before Lee showed up in town. I guess that's not considered as part of the "Lord's move".
It's not.

There isn't even a lampstand in a city unless the LCM is meeting there.

It's worse than their use of "saints" only with respect to LCM members.

A few years ago, back when I was looking at facebook more than once every month or so, someone posted how the first Lord's table in Rome had just occurred. Really? Doesn't matter what you think about the RCC. It and many other churches throughout that city have had the Lord's table monthly, weekly, and even daily.

But without having a LCM present with their specially-prepared, bleached flour chalupa (minus the beans and lettuce, etc.) and goblet of wine, sitting in their circle, singing a collection of songs that always follows a specific pattern (only noteworthy because of their disdain for tradition), they believe that the church is not present.

And if the church is not present, then the Lord can't be moving there.

Funny how in their view the Lord seems to only work in a very few who essentially interact with no one but themselves. While numbers are not evidence of the Lord's work, if the Lord was really working only through them, I would expect something that resembled meaningful increase.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote