View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 02:03 PM   #19
aron

Default Re: How I got here, and what is this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsflib View Post
Well this took off in a different direction! About mystics and how I meant it. I mean that our relationship with God, our interaction with Him is mysteriously beautiful. There are those saints both past and present who communicate well this other-worldly, transcendent relationship we call Christianity. Their works draw me closer to Jesus and more obedient to Him. Like; the N.T. writers, especially John, Tozer, Thomas Kelly, E. Stanley Jones and thousands of others. That's ALL I was saying.

Blessings,
Fliberty
Jesus spoke of His relationship with the Father. AND (sorry but I simply had to all-cap) He spoke of this relationship presaged in scripture. See e.g. Luke 18:31; 22:37; 24:44; Rom 1:1,2. . . I could spend the rest of my life looking at the Psalms alone. I haven't even started Isaiah!!

Nothing wrong with being a bit loopy. I enjoy it. But I don't make my subjective experiences the required basis of church fellowship. Witness Lee did, so I say beware of such starry-eyed folk. They may be looking at wandering stars.

As far as Bill and Patsy Freeman, I never met him nor read his work, but they say that Patsy was the power behind the throne. She ran the show, and Bill was the resident mystic-in-chief. I've heard this from several, who posted of their experiences there.

Question: was "Sister Lee" the real power behind the Lee Empire? Did she put a bee in Lee's bonnet regarding sons Timothy & Philip, to siphon off resources to the family? In LSM-land, they tell no tales. But I will say this, Lee was mystic-in-chief, and if you followed him, you got both the highs and the lows. I'll pass.

Let me give a hint: we never even knew "Sister Lee's" name. Witness was up front. She was behind the curtain doing something.

Patsy Freeman's error was that she didn't hide her meddling.

Anyway, that's where 'spirituality' will take you if you're not careful. So be careful. God raised Jesus from the dead on the third day. Like I said, you will never plumb this depth.