View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #27
SavedbyGrace

Default Re: I love the local church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Very true.

LSM has no basis for their very existence. LSM has no scriptural mandate to even exist, let alone lord it over the churches.
LSM may have its flaws (though I would like to hear the major issues anyone has with it).
But, LSM does a job too. There are many good teachers of the word out there. It is only LSM that ensured that the word spoken by Br. Lee reached many of the countries, including mine and help people like me know that there is more to the word than 'God so loved the world that he gave his only Begotten Son...'

Like LSM, there are other publications which print exclusively for certain authors. For instance, Christian Fellowship Publishers print only books by Br. Nee and Br. Kuang. If you take a magnifying glass to CFP, you may finds flaws there as well. But, since the CFP remains very low-key, it manages to not be scrutinized in its dealings (just as no one bother Herman Cain till he ran for President). If and when CFP becomes aggressive in marketing their books and they get a lot of readers, they 'may' also have complaints being raised against them.
SavedbyGrace is offline   Reply With Quote