View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 01:35 PM   #35
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: Doug Krieger testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Good to hear the confirmation from someone who was there. The part bolded especially - how many people got their dreams crushed by "leadership" of this movement? Turns out "normal" in WN's Normal Christian Church Life meant normal to him. For the rest, too bad if your dreams got thrown away.
Yes. I didn't go to Sacramento with many of the others, but stayed in Berkeley. I got my hair cut to "normal" and got a "real job" over in SF file clerking. I don't remember any strong pressure from the saints, other than peer pressure of wanting to fit in (it may have been along the lines of "you need to get a real job now," but couldn't say for sure).

I see it as all of the Lord now - "Everything's the best it can be, so let's gain Christ." (remember that song?) Over & over I've seen he's protected me in ways I didn't understand . . . from things I didn't know about! (yes, He's my boast!)

As was being discussed in this thread earlier - I just heard from a bro know knew Doug in southern Cal and during the time he got the boot. He says he doesn't specifically remember Doug being involved in the origins of Santa Cruz, but said Doug was everywhere, so he couldn't say for sure one way or another.