View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 05:31 AM   #49
Drake

Default Re: Does "Baptist" Mean to a Baptist What "Recovery" Means to an LCer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by byHismercy View Post
One precurser, in one of the very last conversations my LC ``friend" would deign to have with me, I was explicitely told that they consider themselves to be Gods expression here on earth....therefore, what fellowship could they have, literally, what point would there be, in speaking with one who wasn't "in" their group. I was cut off shortly after that conversation.

And how foolish of the LC....I would like to posit here....there cannot be a person in Christ, there cannot be any person who having touched the Father through believing on the Son, having received the Holy Spirit....who is "poor". To have the Son, and be considered "poor"....this is a deception, plain and simple. We none of us possessing the Son could ever be poor again! Praise Jesus, saints.

It was only at the very end of my connection with the LC were such bold proclamations made to me, however. I have to say, their exclusivity was successfully disguised from me for many years. I got all the hard sells at the end. The thousand years of outer darkness, the declaration that God would only have it their way, other aggressive teachings...but I cannot help myself....I only ever want to be Mary at His feet, looking at His face, and listening to His word, while my sister Martha (the LC) can rush about, doing all the work and complaining to the Lord to make me help her. I will keep my part, I have chosen Him.
By His Mercy,

First, going just by what you have written above your friend was wrong to take that attitude if she was referring to you.

Second, you also are wrong in saying you are a Mary and she is but a Martha.

There is no tangible difference in your or her attitudes.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote