View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #12
OBW

Default Re: Testimony of Terry

"For the inward subjective organic reality of the triune God."

I have some understanding of why the LC and Lee's teachings remain so strong in some. As long as it sounds so poetic and complex, it just has to be important and/or right.

They so often add so many modifiers to everything that it is somewhat unclear what they are really saying. Once you go through their circle of logic filled with so many over-modified descriptions designed to stir the emotions, its hard to decipher whether there could be anything in error buried in there.

My response to these convoluted statements now is to laugh like I do when I watch Blazing Saddles and Hedley Lamarr says "My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives" and Taggert (Slim Pickens) responds "Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore." I would not equate the people responsible for the LC drivel to prostitutes, but the things they say are no more valuable — maybe less so since Jesus said that prostitutes would enter the kingdom before many of the religious ones.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote