View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 12:28 PM   #175
Ohio

Default Re: First Post kumbaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumbaya View Post
It takes reading it like that to see it, it is hypocrisy. Thanks for posting the link, will read....

I know I've seen and think I've read at least part of the book, "Spiritual Authority" by WL. It would have been so long ago but it comes to mind now. We had to mind-numbingly read outloud, in a circle, many ministry books in the YP meeting's and truth schools back then and they all sort of blur together for me. I admit, I wasn't always paying attention!

It's not a top priority of mine but I would be curious to see how (if at all ) they defend these practices in that book. Has anyone read it and does it (try to) justify the practices that are hypocritical to being held accountable?
Nee and Lee both used Moses as their basis for "Spiritual Authority," alleging that Moses could be a type of N.T. Ministers. That reasoning is seriously flawed. The Bible tells us that Moses is uniquely a type of Christ.

See Deuteronomy 18.15-18 Moses prophecy concerning Christ.

Hebrews Chapter 3. Moses and his ministry was a strong type of Christ and His ministry.

There is no indication in scripture that Moses was ever a type of the apostles or ministers in the N.T.