Thread: immuno_oncology
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 03:14 PM   #20
zeek

Default Re: Immuno_oncology

Quote:
Originally Posted by immuno_oncology View Post

1. Should I throw out the recovery version (with footnotes) of the OT and NT? What version of the bible did you use before the recovery version was introduced? What do you use now?
Burn it! No, just kidding. I still have one but I seldom refer to it.

Quote:
2. I have to admit that I was so drawn to the footnotes/interpretations of the pictures in the Bible, such as Adam and Eve (Adam being Christ and Eve being the church), Noah's ark being the Body of Christ so that all believers are saved, being perfected and becoming overcomers in the millennial kingdom while non-perfected Christians will be in outer darkness, etcetc. Do you all still see the truth in this?
Some of it. Everybody has to sort it out for themselves.

Quote:
3. The concept of "God's eternal economy is for the building of his dwelling place which will consummate in the New Jerusalem" has been wrought into my soul. For the past few months, all I think about everyday is Christ and His Body and nothing else. Are you still under the rulership of this particular heavenly vision of God's economy?
Sounds as if you may be obsessing on it. Indoctrination can have that effect on people. Most folks here agree that whatever the merits of Witness Lee's ministry, it was the dominance of it to the exclusion of other voices that ruined the Local Churches for us. I recommend you read other perspectives and watch other thinkers online.

Quote:
4. Tripartite man - I was taught that understanding the spirit is the key to everything. Do you guys still "turn to your spirits" and reject the self in order to express Christ, Christ and Christ only? As an example, I was frequently taught that human improvements don't matter because only Christ fulfills the highest standard of morality, so all we need to do is "call on the name of the Lord and turn to our spirits!" I was also told that before we were saved, the soul is our person and the spirit is an organ. But after we're saved, the spirit is our person and the soul is our organ, for the purpose of expressing the spirit (Christ).
That sounds pretty mechanical. As a human being you still have to make choices to live morally ethically. Calling on the Lord can become meaningless noise making. There's no easy way to be responsible. Forming good habits helps.

Quote:
4. How do you guys pray after leaving the LC? Do you pray to the Lord Jesus or the Father in Heaven? Do you amen after every phrase when someone else is praying?
I don't pray in public. That tends to be play acting.

Welcome to this site. May God bless you on your spiritual journey. I mostly post in "Alternative Views". If you want to join in the discussion there, ask UntoHim for the password.

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86

zeek is offline   Reply With Quote