View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 09:23 AM   #104
Drake

Default Re: If you were in Scottsdale would you take the Table..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
Thanks for the reply. And post #34 of yours suggests going to a gathering with the ones who meet as the Church in Phoenix. I am certainly open and will mention it to one of the brothers who I think has had some recent contact. We may be lead of Him to go over and share Christ with those saints!

(BTW - Right now we are traveling a few weeks in the aforementioned RV up in Colorado, and unfortunately we keep having to break camp on Sundays to travel to our next destination - just how it's all working out. Therefore I haven't, and won't, be able to gather with any LC - or other saints - up here on Sundays!)

So, Drake, the original question and purpose of this thread was, "If you were in Scottsdale, would you take the table and enjoy Christ with us?"
StG

Colorado? Sounds like fun.... but weren’t they having fires in the state? Are you far enough away? Durango was in the news and some roads were closed?

I still don’t know enough about Scottsdale Church to say for sure that I would break bread. When I visit community churches I am before the Lord not to engage in anything that would offend His headship or the authority of the Holy Spirit. Breaking bread is a serious matter and that is why I said before that a believer examines and judges carefully in that and should not be criticized for choosing not to partake of it.

Denominations build walls between Christians. As long as denominations stand the wall stands and the best that can be achieved is shaking hands over the walls. You or I may jump the wall, have a meeting, but when we leave we jump back over the wall and the wall still stands. However, perhaps the Scottsdale Church has built a wall of its own. I don’t know for sure.... but maybe your wall is built on the border of Scottsdale, that is, you will not have fellowship with other like-minded local churches such as the church in a Phoenix right next door.

Had you asked would I be willing to meet with you in Scottsdale or in the Scottsdale Church I would have said yes for sure, no doubt. But you asked specifically about breaking bread which is a serious matter.... so, I still do not know.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote