Thread: Curious!
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 06:36 AM   #24
Ohio

Default Re: Curious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
As I read this, I was struck by what a system of error the LC has become. This is such a remarkable contrast to me, that is, contrasting my time there in the early 70s with what you wrote. Back then, the fresh and living experiences of Christ, and genuine fellowship there, were bountiful (albeit, admittedly quickly fading)! It is obvious to me, and so many others on here, that the LC has now turned WL and his teachings into a bona fide cult figure, which has totally replaced Christ and the Anointing!
STG, of course, we are contemporaries, having crossed paths back in Columbus. I'm not sure if you remember Phil Comfort or not, but one of my distinct memories from those early days (I first met the saints in June 1973), was their intense desire to firstly "come back to the pure word of God," and secondly to focus solely on "Christ, only Christ." This struggle, by all the members, brought much blessing.

In a sense, this was my "foundation" in the Recovery. These two in tandem were, in essence, the "Recovery" as it was presented to me. As a former Catholic I was constantly becoming aware of how much tradition had replaced the basic message of His word. It seemed that each discovery was so liberating, releasing me from the bondage of the traditions of men. I even loved the bright lights in the meeting hall since that freed me from the tradition of worshiping God in the darkness of the Catholic church.

Sure, there was lots of "background noise" in those early days, like the ground of oneness and some minister out in Anaheim. But, how things have changed! "Christ, only Christ," got replaced with "Lee, only Lee." "Coming back to the pure word of God," got replaced by "laboring into the 'interpreted word' of the ministry." How could this have happened? Was no one paying attention?