View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #810
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Thanks for checking in Unregistered Guest.

Just a few comments from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
- The experiences of life were richer
Richer than what? No need to name names or individual ministers or churches, but I think I'm going to pin you down a bit on this one. Witness Lee claimed to have searched the entire earth and (since 1945) couldn't find anyone else who spoke as God's oracle. Are you as world traveled as Lee, and thus qualified make such a bold proclamation? So Lee's ministry was richer than what?

Quote:
- The enlightenment of the truths in the Bible were deeper and collectively fit together
Again, deeper than what? What made Witness Lee so qualified to "collectively fit together" "the truths in the bible" to such a degree as to be considered as more authoritative and/or enlightening then any of his contemporaries? It certainly wasn't his formal education - He had none. It certainly wasn't his grasp of the deeper meaning of words and phrases in the original languages - He was decidedly ignorant of Hebrew and Koine Greek. It wasn't his garnering of a wide range of knowledge and experience of other Christian teachers, ministers, scholars and apologists - he refused to fellowship with anyone outside of the exclusive sect that he created and tightly controlled.

Quote:
- The caring and enduring relationships in the Lord's Recovery
Now on this one the Local Church has far exceeded the efforts of the vast majority of other Christian denominations, ministries or services. They have MUCH to contribute to the Body of Christ in the matter of hospitality and service within the local church. It's just too bad that the other stuff (mentioned above) keeps them separated from their other brothers and sisters in Christ, who in turn have MUCH to contribute to their brothers and sisters in the Local Church. ***This is one reason why this forum was initiated and is now maintained on the Internet***

Quote:
I have no quarrel with those who do not consider Witness Lee or his ministry in the same way i do. Go in peace. 1 Corinthians 9:2
1 Corinthians 9:2
If to others I am not an apostle, at least I am to you, for you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.

I don't think anyone has ever had a problem with Witness Lee being considered as an apostle to his own followers (although he vehemently denied he held any such office or title), but many, including many of us who sat under his ministry for decades, do have a big problem with Lee being considered "the one apostle with the one ministry for the age", "the one oracle on earth", "the one master builder", etc. We have seen, heard and experienced too much over the past 40-50 years to just let this kind of understanding of this man go unchallenged. ***And yes, for better or for worse, this is another reason this forum was initiated and maintained on the Internet***
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote