View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 07:50 PM   #713
Freedom

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Let me give one example. At an international conference, a brother who had been in the recovery in the US for many years stood outside the venue with signs in Chinese obviously angry at recovery leadership. No one would talk to him. Troubled, I stopped to talk to him. He said he was trying to get information about his daughter. She had been married to a Taiwanese brother in a marriage arranged by a leading one in Taiwan. And, he hadn't heard from her in over 6 months. All of his attempts to get information had been rebuffed. This broke my heart.

I went into the conference and listened to RK talk about "having a feeling for the body". But it had no relation to compassion or empathy. That made my blood boil.
The LC has a PR problem that it just can't seem to escape. When you look at how poorly situations are handled, it comes as no surprise. And that is just the least of it. The way concerned or suffering members are treated and written off is unbecoming of a Christian group.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote