Thread: Women's Role
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 06:36 AM   #157
Evangelical

Default Re: Women's Role

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
How can women not be "in the circle of elders". Every single elder is to be "the husband of one wife" hence every single elder has a wife. How are these women not in the circle? Genesis 5 -- "male and female created He them and called their name Adam".

Yes, I knew many women in leadership positions in the LC, they were the wives of the elders. The elders will tell you and told you in their messages that 90% of the decisions regarding the church were influenced by the sisters. Their job was to merely say ok.

When I was in Taipei in the FTTT the office at Hall 3 for the training was run with an Iron fist by a sister, a wife of one of the leading elders.
I don't really disagree with you, but might lower the 90% a little (really depends on the elder, and their wife). I said something along these lines in my earlier posts, such as #4. But the wives leading the church under the covering of their husbands is not deemed sufficient for many on this forum it would seem. It did not seem so for the person QOSTA raising the issues, who wanted to know if any women got to a leadership "position" on the basis of their own spirituality (not her husband's, presumably).
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote