Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 07:13 PM   #10
countmeworthy

Default Re: New Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentathen View Post
I would be interested to find out if after having left the LC, have you looked for/found any fellowship similar to what you were hoping to find when you first came into the LC? I've found some, sadly very few, groups who do seem to truly follow the leading of the Lord in a corporate way, without a hidden "clergy" or system that's really organizing things from behind the scenes. I'd be interested in what yours and other people's experience has been.
Nope! I used to look for it though. I was in the LC during the mid to late 70s. Quite a unique experience. For me, mostly good...but I truly wanted to know the LORD. I learned very early on if I wanted to be considered a 'good' sister, I better cross my Ts and dot my I's. I wanted people's approval so bad.

I have let go a LOT that I experienced in the LC in terms of fellowship. It wasn't easy but Jesus said He makes all things new. I hold Philippians 3:12 dear and near to my heart.

Ask Him to surround you with Loving friends who you will be a blessing to and they will be a blessing to you.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote