View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 04:39 PM   #5
bearbear

Default Re: In a period of discernment

Hi loveneverfails,

I was in a similar boat you were. I knew of some serious problems with the LCs and was getting disillusioned but on the other hand I was so in love with my fiancee (now wife) at the time that I was probably willing to stay and stick it out for life. My wife was very gung-ho for the LCs and was your typical member who was very much "for the ministry". After we were married she made me attend practically every single training and conference.

It actually backfired because the level of ridiculous teaching I was being exposed to was magnified greatly and it increased my desire to leave. However doing so would still have been catastrophic as I'd probably have to cut off relationship with all our friends and my wife would never be on board with it.

One day as I was praying I heard in my head "If you don't leave, then you won't be an overcomer". I then responded to God "Lord, if you want me to leave, my wife has to be on board also".

Afterwards the Lord did open the way for my wife to start questioning the LC and it opened the door for me to show her the clear contradictions in LC teachings with the bible and to give her John Ingall's and John So's testimony for reading. When I think about it now, I think the Lord had a plan from the beginning to use me to bring my wife out of the LCs and we are much healthier for it now despite losing contact with many friends.

When we left the LCs, my wife used the excuse "I have to submit to my husband" when the sisters pressured her to stay. No one could find a proper rebuttal for that since it was one of the major points from the Sister's Conference she had to attend. The irony was delicious!

Perhaps the Lord wants you to do the same with your fiance or maybe not. I guess the major lesson for me was to keep my ears open to what God wanted me to do because God has the master plan for our lives.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.