View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 08:10 AM   #54
Ohio

Default Re: My Testimony: Olvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
...hear, hear...
I like your Boston marathon metaphor. My question is after having ran with the LRC, and left, whom do you run with afterwards, with whom do you pace yourself, having exited the LRC. There are many instances on this forum where I've read of ex-LRC'ers who have been 'unable', though 'not unwilling' to join with other Christians in fellowship and it has sometimes taken years for them to resume this kind of contact...and yet, as we know, we 'should not forsake the assembling of ourselves together as the manner of some is'...You speak of 'a goodly deposit' in our being as a benefit of having sat at the feet of WL, but does this 'deposit' then turn into 'a poison' upon leaving. Because it seems to me that this poison is a very real, very clear, and very present difficulty with many brothers; and it takes anything but a short while to detox or recover from its effects...have you experienced this? What could be the explanation of this? Why is it that if one moves from one denomination to another in 'bad ole Christianity', it is not attended by this kind of difficulty? Can you offer any helpful insight into this, brother Olvin? Perhaps it may help us gain a further understanding into the nature of the far-reaching effects of involvement with the LRC. We may find that perhaps it is not a difficulty at all, but a preservation!
We all have had to pass thru a time of "detox" from the "poisons" of Lee's ministry. The problem we all have faced is due to the insidious leaven which Lee has hidden into his teachings. The Jews at the time of Christ faced this same difficulty after meeting Jesus. They knew in their hearts that Jesus was the promised Messiah, yet the leaven of the Pharisees gripped them in fear at the thought of leaving the safety of the "pen." The gospels record the stories of many such cases.

Witness Lee knew what he was doing when he hid his leaven into all the teachings he took from past ministers of God. One distinct characteristic of his leaven was the wholesale condemnation on all things Christian. He knew that this would serve to "wreck" us in our attempts to merge into the greater body of Christ. He constantly elevated every part of his ministry to some "God-ordained" status, as if his ways or practices were any better than the multitude of other "ways" employed by other Christians.

Lee loved to compare the "best" of his ministry with the failings of other ministers, all the while hiding his own corruptions behind a cadre of "enforcers." Let's compare apples with apples, and we will all be shocked at how much financial corruption existed with all the hard-earned offerings of the saints -- millions of dollars spent on legal fees, bankrupt business plans, and the profligate lifestyles of the Lee family.

Even though I learned many good Bible teachings from Lee, I no longer credit him. Didn't he just pass on much of it from past men of God? "Standing on their shoulders" really meant re-teaching from their books, often without providing credits. Every minister has "plagiarized" the Bible, so that's not the point, but rather we should never have been taught to boast in man, or elevate his ministry, but to boast in God, and God alone. Lee became who he was in the recovery simply because he was able to employ talented lackeys who uplifted him above all. And it all started with Phillip Lee's ingenious idea to charge a "donation" to hear his Daddy speak.