View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 06:20 AM   #20
Ohio

Default Re: Question of salvation and reconciliation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
But, we've heard this before. There are plenty of posts like yours...it’s the classic "blame the victim" post. You blame the victim for not being "in Christ" while excusing the abuser who claims to be "in Christ". You expect "love and forgiveness" toward those LC'ers who (admittedly) have been in error, but you have NO love and NO compassion for those who cannot take the abuse any longer. Some of us have finally found our voice to speak the truth to those who have little or no capacity, or will, to hear.
Nell, reading your polemic post I kept thinking how easily the children of God have been fooled over the centuries by the contrived airs of superiority from those who wear the nice suits, pad each others' resumes, mount the platform, and often sow seeds of suspicion to undermine others' credibility. Today they are still lording it over the little ones. When these little ones call for accountability, they demand the faithful to "forgive and forget" their many failures. Failures that fleeced them, failures that fooled them, failures that smeared the reputations of the honest ones.

The Apostle Paul faced the same battle from those coming from headquarters to undermine his gospel work as noted especially in Acts, Galatians and II Corinthians. Church history has basically been an age-long struggle of knowing who to believe -- within the church. When Paul left Ephesus for the last time he sought to protect them from subsequent invaders with their false authority. He mentioned some of his own traits like "how I was with you all the time, serving as a slave with humility, tears and trials, visiting house to house, etc." (Acts 20)

I saw none of these characteristics from any of those coming from Anaheim to the Midwest saints. All of their supposed authority, handed down from W. Lee, was false and deceptive. Yet in LC after LC the Midwest precious saints were fooled by them. Fooled by these false apostles, deceitful workers, even as Satan himself transfigured himself into an "angel of light."