View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 11:17 PM   #52
Evangelical

Default Re: Latter Rain, Kingdom Now, & the Lord's Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo S View Post
You just said it; to "seize". Your argument actually validates mine. Here is the definition of seize;

seize
sēz/Submit
verb
take hold of suddenly and forcibly.

To usurp is to forcefully take hold of. This is not what took place in the garden yet it is a term used by Lee and other dominionist movements to appeal to people's emotions.

Satan didn't "take" anything. Through deception he subjected man to himself through sin. So if man was slave to sin how is it that they continued to be masters over creation? Humans as well became slaves to creation because Genesis 3:19 then said after the fall;

"By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”

This no longer sound as if they we have mastery or dominion over the earth but rather became slaves to creation.

That is only one possible definition. The meaning is a more general one to take something illegally or without authority. It can be by force but doesn't have to be.

The Oxford dictionary ( a real English dictionary by the way ) says (with some example sentences):

Take (a position of power or importance) illegally or by force.

1.1 Take the place of (someone in a position of power) illegally; supplant.
‘the Hanoverian dynasty had usurped the Stuarts’

1.2usurp on/uponarchaic no object Encroach or infringe upon (someone's rights)
‘the Church had usurped upon the domain of the state’

‘By transmitting the virus willingly one is usurping on others’ rights to life and happiness.’

So the meaning of usurp is truly "illegal or by force".

The Collins dictionary makes it even clearer:

If you say that someone usurps a job, role, title, or position, they take it from someone when they have no right to do this.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di.../english/usurp

So "Satan usurping Eve" means taking something from her when he has no right to do it.

Quote:
He also said at the end of Revelation 22:7, "Look, I am coming soon". Christ said this from heaven and remember with the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

God still does all the work even if he uses our "feet". And this will all occur after the millennial reign, not before like the LC envisions it happening.
Paul seemed to think the church would have some sort of victory over Satan "shortly". I do not see it relating well to Christ's use of the word "soon".

Quote:
You just validated my thread. You are by definition a dominionist, Evangelical.
So what's the problem with Christian idealogy (any oxymoron by the way) dominating society anyway? I think most Christians would like that.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote