View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #69
InChristAlone

Default Re: How to help people whose friends and relatives are active members of th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
What about come Hebrew or Greek scholars or experts outside of the Recovery?
I am afraid that even if she heard about them, they were not qualified well enough to get the "the revelation".

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Kangas was always an intellect. Trained at Princeton he was a man of the mind. I don't think he ever took "get out of your mind and turn to your spirit" as anything but a cliché.

As a result he could easily grasp sophisticated hermeneutics, such as Witness Lee's "God's Economy" and promulgate it/them.
I think so. Otherwise, I don't understand what makes him keep on chewing those boring and lifeless doctrines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbear View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Witness Lee rely on concordances and interlinears just like the rest of us Greek-less peons? Did he know Greek?
Somehow my wife thinks that he knew Hebrew and Greek. Or maybe she believes that brothers who translated the Bible (Recovery version) found proofs of WL's words in the Bible. I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbear View Post
If someone claims to be a teacher of the truth of God but unrepentantly launders money, covers up and makes excuses for the sexual violations of his son on his flock and defraud saints, this person is probably not living in the truth and therefore not being guided by the Holy Spirit.
Brother Bearbear, you've nailed it. But unfortunately, most of WL's followers have no idea about those facts. My wife has never heard about DayStar, and she believes that the sexual violations are fictitious and fabricated.