View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 10:18 AM   #85
awareness

Default Re: Open Letter - Dear Saints in the Lord's Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weighingin View Post
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Friedrich Nietzche
Something to consider, though it's most applicable to folks like police officers who have to track down serial killers, part of which involves getting into their mindset. (As an example)
But in the OP Joanna called the "monster" "the Lord's recovery." Her opening line is:

"Greg and I have some very important things to share with you regarding our journey with the Lord’s recovery." -emphasis mine.

Is it now? Is it really the LORD'S recovery? If it is THE LORD'S, how could anyone leave it, and wouldn't everyone want to be in it?

It is what's being sold. The term presumes it. And everyone calls it that without giving it any hint of critical thought.

The truth is, that, if Greg and Joanna believe that the local church is the Lord's recovery then, their open letter is just a lot of crybaby whining, and they had better go back in, or the cognitive dissonance will be too much for them to handle otherwise.

But if the local church is Nietzsche's monster, or more appropriately, the abyss, then kudos to Greg and Joanna for not becoming a monster in their open letter.