View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 06:36 PM   #21
Oldtimer

Default Re: I Am A Part Of The Local Church

I believe that god does not want everyone to have perfect understanding with His people like they are, all divided. His John 17 prayer shows his desire for us to be one, so we are not now one, but he has given us a tool to make us one. When we use that, we will all talk and understand where we are in error. When Jesus comes we will already be like him. We have already seen what can happen when we are all one, in Acts. If it is going to happen TO us after he comes, would he have prayed for it? rather than give us this tool to do it ourselves.
Can His people be one, now, in these times? In acts they were! "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place", and "And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved." This is when most miracles happen, when 5000 people saved in 1 day. Because in John 17 Jesus said that when the world sees that we are one they will know that God has sent Him.
What is that tool that he said will make is one? "22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity.". The word Glory here is more like esteem, this is what the writer was thinking of in pil 2
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. What stops us going what it says in Philippians 2?
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote