View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 09:16 AM   #20
Ohio

Default Re: Wake-up Letter to Minoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxjobox View Post
This is actually the fundamental flaw in the whole "recovery" concept: A recovery of the church would first and foremost be a recovery and return to the vocabulary of the scriptures, apart from all the garbage that has been added over the centuries. Jesus and the apostles never presented the vocabulary WL presented. The speaking in the church should echo what is plainly taught in the NT. WL's speaking and writings present a different gospel- my recollection is that he even boasted of a new heavenly language and new light. The basic concept of gathering together as the church in a city, of not adding other divisive names, the priesthood of the saints, and the open fellowship, which were not of WL's origin were great- but then his LSM business with its warped concept of God and Christ corrupted the sweetness of the church, and the true fellowship of the saints. It was no longer are you a believer, but are you a 100% follower of WL and LSM.
Initially WL behaved like so many other 60's ministers who saw the undeniably genuine move of the Spirit amidst the chaos and protests of Viet Nam and a few high profile assassinations. Much of the fruit of the "Jesus People Movement" had no desire to return to traditionally structured denominations. All sorts of new groups and congregations sprung up with a common theme -- return to the basic message of the N.T. -- a "recovery" of sorts.

With a Catholic background and a fresh salvation, I was particularly attracted to the message of "Christ, only Christ" and the promised return to the "pure word" of God in the church in Cleveburg, OH. Simultaneously many fresh translations came forth to replace the archaic wording of the KJV. With my new life and a living bible, I was ready to join the "real" body of Christ. Except for the outspoken hatred of all Christianity and brothers who wanted to run my life, the early church life was wonderful, and almost "normal."

As is often said by the power-hungry, "never let a good crisis go to waste," true to form WL used manufactured self-inflicted "storms" to slowly take over absolute control of all LC's. WL would use many other gifted brothers to build his empire, and went things went south, he would throw them under the bus. Thus every Recovery crisis would pass with WL appearing more exalted like some godman MOTA, and all the LC's forfeiting our liberties to him for his "protection" against these "ambitious" men out to deceive and "poison" us. WL had mastered these techniques in China and Taiwan and was ready to apply them to gullible Americans.