View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 08:34 AM   #14
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: We are the flesh and bones of Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
Makes sense (but God doesn't always make sense to us). I think there's more; you think there's less. So be it.
Not really sure what you mean by "doesn't always make sense to us". I guess this could be true for some, but what I would also say is that God and his Word can never be nonsensical, and this is what happens when we take a metaphor too far, or even worse, when we transpose something metaphorical into something literal.

You think there's more? More of what? You contend that I think there's less. Less of what? Sometimes we just have to let a metaphor be a metaphor. There is no need to embellish or try to get something "deeper" out of the plain words that God has given us - most of us aren't qualified or equipped to embellish or get something deeper anyway.

Quote:
So is everyone now OK with this verse, which is obviously in the Bible?
Well I'm not OK with considering this verse as anything more, or anything less than a metaphor. It cannot be taken literally in any way, shape or form. It cannot be taken literally, if for no other reason than the plain words of the Lord Jesus in Luke 24:39.
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote