View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #30
Unregistered

Default Re: How Many Are Former Members Of The Local Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Mysteria,

I read your whole post, and appreciated your candor. Your spiritual/mental space is as valid to you as any other's is to them.
Thank you so much. That was fast. So, as a result of writing that post, I ended up feeling so sick I went to sleep and was unable to get up, and I had troubled dreams. That's how deep this trauma is. :/ It makes me sad. But when I see all here, I am starting for the first time to feel that I'm not really alone...they were SO effective in programming me and others, that we would rather suffer in silence than risk being known to talk badly about them.

Fyi, I came back to correct a comment I made: I cited the Defense and Confirmation project. I meant Affirmation and Critique. D&C really took off after I left. When I read some of the stories here, people actually committing suicide, for example...I am horrified. My experience, at least on the surface, was not quite that bad, but I don't doubt it for a second. It makes me question what I have wanted to believe are good intentions.

Anyway...thanks for the validation. i am going to continue speaking.