View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 06:17 PM   #17
Ohio

Default Re: Against the LC Practice of Prophesying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Usually one or more brothers will "open" the prophesying and another brother will close. Particularly with those who do the opening, half the time it will consist of just telling everyone what to do: "Let's all read the verses on day 1, then pray-read them..." or "Let's have sisters read Roman Numeral 1 and brothers will read Roman Numeral 2..." I am perfectly serious when I say this. I have heard openings that just consist asking everyone to do things like this.
I understand that completely, it all came down to how much we had prepared, and how mature we are -- that determined the value of our gatherings.

Lee's program of "each one has ... " resulted in both the good and the worthless. Many a meeting I have left weary after listening to others, and of course them listening to me. Ministering on a regular basis to others is no easy endeavor. I will ever be thankful for all the training and encouragement I have received in the LC's to speak for the Lord. On the other hand, I was also upset when I discovered that Lee's motive was not just to help the one-talented members like myself, but to neutralize all the other gifted members that might be a rival to him.