View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #61
Arizona

Default Assembly

YPO534,

I was very intrigued by your advocating a new, more narrow, definition of ekklesia as the assembling of the believers with a view to the manifestation of Christ,, as well as restricting the "universal" concept to that which Scripture calls the Body, of Christ. I agree with you that a universal application of "church" inevitably will lead to denominationalism.

I myself have been striving to hold a different foundational concept regarding this. The history of the christian "church" seems to be one of pendulum swings, out of balance, corrections, etc with one and another doctrinal truths arriving at an ascendancy at different points in time. The more important, for me, at this current point in my journey, is that Christ would be manifested, and I am willing to denigrate the universal if necessary.

After many years, I would still hold to the original idea I received in the LC as to the practical oneness of all believers, in locality. But I do hold that the genuine oneness is spiritual and that practicality is manifestation of that which is already true according to God by the work of the Lord Jesus on the cross and is exhibited by His indwelling life in us.

Do you have further?

Much Grace.

Arizona
Arizona is offline   Reply With Quote