Thread: ZNP Blog -
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 04:43 AM   #35
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: ZNP Blog - Carry My Bones Up From Here

I think some are disturbed that I use Hitler as an example of a cult. There are far too many similarities between what Hitler did in Germany and what cults do. He was clearly a cult figure, he was clearly given a special status similar to a "false Christ" or a "false prophet" or a "Minister of the Age". He focused on teenage children and this resulted in a cult like following with remarkable loyalty five or ten years later during the war.

So my point is not to compare the Local Church and Witness Lee to the Nazis and Hitler. Rather, my point is to compare the NT teaching on false prophets and false Christs to both of these groups to give two different but equally valid examples of how a false prophet can be identified and of the very real damage that they do.

Also, I think the example of Hitler demonstrates how this is a much bigger issue that can have very negative effects to everyone on earth, not just those who are hoodwinked. This is what will happen at the end of the age with the AntiChrist and False prophet, so in this respect this demonstrates how critical is this book of James to help us identify and respond to these false prophets.