View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #30
Thankful Jane

Good morning!

I have just read and caught up with the posts since yesterday. The first thing I did, YP0534, was note the time you started this thread. I had the same question as FinallyPrettyOkay, did you sleep?? But now that we know you have the ability to search on Lee/Nee's works (wow to that), I can see how you did this.

I note in Hope's post on the other thread that he had heard Lee make the same statement (about sisters and heresies) on numerous occasions. Keep in mind that many times the actual things Lee said in public were modified by the editing process. I have heard this from some who were involved. I have noticed that things I clearly remember hearing in some messages were different when they were published. Hope heard this behind closed doors, I suspect in male company only, which is more insidious.

Quote:
The quote in Genesis I did see but it failed to make a strong impression upon me, at least as it was printed. It wasn't well worded but it would be a little nit-picky to me to discuss at length whether sin entered first through Adam or Eve. (oops! )" --YP0534
Watch it there with that loaded language, bubba. A nit is the egg of a louse. The dictionary says nitpicky is to find insignificant details of something unsatisfactory, often unjustifiably. Hmmm... Okay, I’ll give you a pass this time. A nit-picker isn’t what is needed for this big topic, although getting rid of the eggs might be important. I think I’ll get out my gorilla-picker.

Aah, what a beautiful day it is going to be.

Thankful Jane

Last edited by Thankful Jane; 07-25-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Thankful Jane is offline   Reply With Quote