Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 05:55 PM   #3
Koinonia

Default Re: New Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentathen View Post
Hey all,

I've never been in the LC personally, but have a fair amount of extended family who have been, and a few who still are. I meet with Christians in a home-group fellowship, and recently we've come into contact with the LSM-affiliated group in our town. They're good believers, but have the peculiar mannerisms that I recognize from those in my own family that have been in the movement. I'm not sure how die-hard they are, and if they are open to fellowship in Christ that isn't just reading through WL commentaries, our group is open to having further fellowship. I'd love to benefit from the wisdom of some who have been in the movement themselves in the past.

Thanks!
Kent
Nice to meet you, Kent. The brothers and sisters you have met will probably be very sweet people who love the Lord and are well-intentioned (if misguided). You have an advantage in your interaction with them knowing some information about the group and how it operates. Depending on how you came into contact with this congregation, they may have the hope that your home-church will see the vision and "take this way." So, bear that in mind. The structure and practice of LC congregations often becomes more relaxed the further you get away from Anaheim (at least in many places in North America), but at the end of the day, it will always be about Witness Lee. They will expect members to read Witness Lee every morning for their morning devotional ("Holy Word for Morning Revival"), fellowship over Witness Lee material every Friday night in their home meetings, and "prophesy" from Witness Lee's material every Sunday morning. There is room for little else.
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote