View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 07:45 PM   #42
UntoHim
Grateful Servant

Default Re: Just Left the 'Recovery'. What a Relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Ex-LCer View Post
Dear Bradley,....
Your story moved me very deeply. I can relate to many things you experienced. And I so appreciate this forum, and all the responses to you...
I'm praying for your journey.
Thank you so much Anon Ex-LCer for these words of wisdom!

Bradley, I would serious consider what this man has written to you here. (As well as much of the other postings in this thread)

The simple truth is that the Local Church of Witness Lee is much more than a Christian sect with some quirky norms and traditions - it is a highly developed culture that has a deep affect on the heart and mind of anybody raised in the religion, or has been an active member for any significant amount of time.

The good news is that the "fix" (for lack of better term for now) is the same ultimate remedy as for every human being suffering from the same damage from the fall - It is the grace, love, and forgiveness provided by the Lord Jesus Christ on that cross 2,000 years ago. There is a very good reason that Jesus proclaimed "IT IS FINISHED!" with his last breath. Sin was finished. Death was finished...and yes the answer for every "problem" that every human suffers from was taken care of by his sacrificial death on that cross.

I needed to tell you this first before I get to the practical side of human existence. But if the practical side is not based upon the foundation of what I have stated above, it will be of little or no help for you.

With all this said I am full of hope for you. One of the main reasons this forum was started over 9 years ago was for people just like you. Most of us have "been there done that". We know where you are. We have been there.

Our hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness

-