View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 08:34 AM   #445
awareness

Default Re: Bible Answer Man Converts to Eastern Orthodox!

Good response Sons. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
Some other verses that speak of this mystery would be in John 17, right? Much praying about oneness with the Triune God and God's glory being given to believers, right?

Verse 21:"That they all may be one, even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us . . ."

Verse 22: "And the glory you have given Me I have given to them . . ."
Yes, when I asked if Jesus taught theosis John 17 was on my mind. But that doesn't seem to be theosis as Lee taught it. In fact it doesn't seem to be speaking of theosis at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons
One might also look to Romans 8 verses 9-11. Seems like lots of blending of God & man there (dare I say "mingling"?).
If that's true then we're theosisized (sic) when we receive the Spirit.

Quote:
And as Paul says in Colossians 1:27 about this great mystery" "Christ in you, the hope of glory."
Christ in us is our deification.

Quote:
I still think the bottom-line is that this subject is (sorta like my dad would say - like trying to corner jello) a mystery.
But Lee gained his power by revealing mysteries. In fact, that's what the recovery was all about : Lee revealing mysteries, that have been hidden from all, until the great Lee came along. To bad we can't kiss his feet. Oh, are they still doing that ... in their spirits now?

Quote:
Yes, it probably is too far to say we become God ...
Ya think!

Quote:
, but God is the ultimate giver! "Beloved, now we are children of God, and it is not yet revealed what we will be. But we know that, when he is revealed, we will be like him; for we will see him just as he is." My my - what is this!!??
Now that sounds like divine induced theosis. That happens "when he is revealed."

Quote:
I think what He is doing is and will be an entirely new creation and critter (as a brother I know likes to say) - God's masterpiece!
"The hope of glory."