View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 01:31 PM   #725
TLFisher

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I remembered what RK's example of "having a feeling for the body" was at that conference, and want to share it to complete the story. He expressed anger that a local church had changed a "standard" meeting practice (apparently without consulting the LRC leadership). Word had reached him, and he asked "how did you think that was going to affect the other churches". "You need to have a feeling for the body".
"having a feeling for the Body" is a loaded, coded catch phrase. The end result is promoting hierarchy. Decisions other than setting meeting times requires approval from Living Stream Ministry. It's like when you're in grade school and raising your hand for permission to use the restroom.
One example I've brought on this forum several times before was a hypothetical "what if" to a Renton elder (2009/2010). Several years prior to the passing of Bill Freeman, "what if Bill Freeman wanted to visit?" The elder's response was basically needing fellowship from the blended brothers. I can't recall the exact words verbatim, but that is paraphrased what was conveyed.