View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 06:23 PM   #705
TLFisher

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
But when did WL back then, or the Blendeds today, ever speak positively of the larger body of Christians, on whose behalf they supposedly meet? Anything positive, if at all, would be followed by a pause, then a 'but', and then some qualifier. "It is good that Christianity does 'X', 'Y', and 'Z'... (wait for it)... but.... we must say that this and that are wholly inadequate."

What has held them to this unending stream of negativity? The Spirit of Christ? Or some other spirit?
This is part of the double standard that results in spiritual bullying. To meet in the local churches, you or I cannot criticize, point out defects or hypocrisy of LSM/LC practices and teachings, but it is applauded usually with a chorus of amen's whenever in a meeting someone criticizes, points out defects or hypocrisy of non-LSM/LC Christianity. As I have posted before I asked an elder about this and he didn't have a problem with what I defined as negative speaking.
Maybe I have it all wrong. To run down non-LSM/LC Christian is viewed as building up the body? That it's considered to be edifying?
Maybe the blendeds feel they're qualified to besmirch one who exercise their spiritual gifts as they're the self-anointed ones who know the feeling of the Body.