View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 03:44 PM   #665
JJ

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Agreed! Growing up I had a cousin two years younger than I. In early adulthood, he got into trouble with the law and subsequently spent many years in prison. Would he be someone identified as good material? Surely not. Just by his tattoo's alone would be enough to make people squirm into their seats. Yet in recent years since leaving prison my cousin did receive the Lord and was baptized.
Who are we to determine who is good material or not good material? Could be a company CEO, a homeless man, or even a Harley riding biker.

Ephesians 1:4-7
just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love 5 He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved. 7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace
I can testify that God can and has saved many Harley riding bikers and made them fruitful members of His body. One of them, a former hells-angel gang member was in my church Bible study, and was one of the best evangelists I've ever met. God came to him in the pit of hell, saved him, and began a transformation. He has now gone to be with the Lord, but he couldn't not preach Jesus wherever he went. He led many to the Lord and to grow in Him, because he could relate to a section of society, and vice-versa that other believers couldn't.

I also was in a pit of hell before Christ came to me. It just had a better outward appearance (suburban neighborhood), but inside I was just as messed up. And, all of us were. There is none righteous, not one. For all have sinned and fall short of His glory. God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote