View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 11:26 AM   #28
Ohio

Default Re: Hope for all you church kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleOn View Post
To clarify, this is just personal conversations I've had with people, as opposed to anything official from LSM. There have been a few who have tried to be "helpful" on the Facebook thread, who clearly didn't even read the letter and just started spouting ministry snippets and cliches. I'll grant you, that's not an ad hominem per se, but it implies they think the problem is with Jo rather than with anything else.

But I've spoken with a handful of different LCers about this, as well as with exLCers who have done the same, and it's just interesting that somehow they've all found a way to use very similar wording to describe her. You will just have to take my word for it, anecdotally. Or try it yourself if you know any who are still "going on" in the LCs. She's not just wrong, she's "wounded", for instance. I've heard several people make reference to her mental health, despite not knowing her very well, and not being mental health professionals. Seems irrelevant and inappropriate to do this. I've heard several people make inferences about her marriage, saying things like "her husband isn't even really on board but he's just going along with it to be supportive." Essentially this controversy is stemming from a negative person who is talking about negative things, rather than from actual wrongs that were committed by important brothers. Shooting the messenger is easier than actually addressing uncomfortable truths.
Thanks, RambleOn.

For decades I read about "storms" coming against the Recovery as persecution coming from God's enemy. These stories went back to mainland China. Then I stepped away, found and read Ingalls' account Speaking The Truth In Love. Having met John, hearing him minister, and knowing his godly character, it just made no sense that he would orchestrate a global conspiracy. Max Rapoport perhaps, but John never. But, within the information vacuum of the LC, bombarded by ministry spin for years, I accepted Lee's version of events. I thought WL was an upright, godly man. Then I discovered who WL really was. For Lee to throw numerous godly men under the bus, just to protect his degenerate sons, explained everything to me. I then questioned every story I heard about every "storm."

What they are now doing to the Casteels is nothing new. This is just what they do. They have decades of perfecting their spin. I only hope and pray that the family and friends of the Casteels can also see thru these lies. The public condemnation by Ron Kangas et. al. at the semi-annual "Feast" only serves to dissuade future "dissidents." How dare these Casteels express their views! By shamelessly smearing the Casteels, and publicly destroying their reputations, they are merely fortifying the concrete reinforced strongholds encasing other LC faithful members.

Did not the Pharisees of old grip the Jews with the same fear? Consider the parents of the man born blind who received his sight from Jesus. (John 9) The Pharisees dragged them in to force them to deny the healing of their son by Jesus. The Jews had already threatened to "quarantine," to throw Jesus believers out of the Synagogue. The parents, scared for their lives, were given wisdom from God, "ask him, he is of age." Then the healed man gave some of the most classic responses in history, "I told you already, do you also want to become his disciples?" Incredible! You could just hear the Spirit of God shaming the Jews in this newborn child of God as he continued to speak. "You were wholly born in sins, and you are teaching us?" And they cast him out.

I love this story. It's being played out again right before our eyes!