View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 08:21 PM   #64
Ohio

Default Re: Would a LC saint take the Table with us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Depends who has the genuine lampstand so I don't think a local church member would take the table with another group if they are not genuine lampstand. If God told your leader to start the lampstand in the city then we should fellowship there so it depends if you have the lampstand or not?

A feature of a genuine lampstand is that each lampstand is identical in appearance. Can we say that the Church in Scottsdale is of the same appearance and same shining as other local churches? What is the dominant expression of the church, is it evangelical, free/brethren, pentecostal, liturgical ? etc. Does it consider itself the genuine church in the city?

One question - do you consider "the Church in Scottsdale" to be "the genuine church in the city"?: Or do you see it as just one of many genuine churches in the city. If it's like this it not shining the same light as other local churches.
I left LSM and their LC's because there was no more shining. No more gold.

Israel also claimed to have the only golden lampstand in their temple, and the Lord Jesus left them with their house desolate.

Exclusive claims mean nothing to God. You can talk all day about who has the "genuine lampstand," and you have nothing more than talk, but nothing real.

If you don't have enough love to break bread with the church in Scottsdale, then you have nothing. You are sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. Without love, the LSM is nothing.