View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 05:43 AM   #172
aron

Default Re: First Post kumbaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have many issues, a lot of which I see on this site mentioned. Maybe I haven’t searched correctly for this topic but I haven’t seen posts about the fact that LSM is basically a business that runs the church now. Who owns LSM? Ron Kangus? (Please correct me if I’m wrong).

So he runs LSM and makes decisions as one of the “blending brothers” for the church.

RED FLAG?????

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but to be a local church, you have to 1) pay money to LSM 2) buy material from LSM and no other publisher (for yourselves and the masses) 3) distribute LSM materials partially for free in order to “hook people”

I don’t care WHAT you’re selling, preaching, whatever. This is a TERRIBLE model to follow for a church. No wonder so much sin, corruption, and divisiveness has happened!!

All the churches and people that were quarantined for having their own publications were told there could only be “one trumpet” by the leading brothers in Anaheim, who conveniently, also control LSM.

This is infuriating. I really hope I’m wrong and if someone can refute it, please do.

What this is besides being a terrible abuse, is a multilevel direct sales model. They might as well have copied Herbalife’s business model and stamped “The local church” on it.

Disgusting in my opinion.

I mentioned this to a “saint” or woman I know in the local church and she said, “well, the structure is messy but as long as you’re getting fed. Kitchens get messy when you make the food but the purpose is to eat.”
The people who run the ministry also run the book publishing company which distributes the ministry materials. The ministry mandates that the local churches only use ministry materials, which are conveniently supplied by the publishing house. A bit of a conflict of interest, yes.

Second, vis-à-vis the "messy kitchen" quote. I heard that phrase also. "Forgive us our messy kitchen, but we're cooking food for people to eat." Yet these same people delight in pointing out everyone else's messy kitchen, calling it "satanic" and "devilish" and so forth. Why the double standard? Subjective, much?

And when they point out errors, it is a "correction", right? Like "Affirmation and Critique" magazine. But if you point out their errors, it is no longer "critique" but an "attack" or a "slander" or "rebellion". Again, hypersubjectivity rules the day.

I looked up "Witness Lee messy kitchen" and found the following essay, by a brother who made it through the LSM/lc system and is now doing Christian ministry apart from their control. He makes some interesting comments.

http://assemblylife.com/witness-lee-...chapter-15.htm