View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 10:19 PM   #15
Unregistered

Default Re: First Post kumbaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
kumbaya, you are in a difficult situation with your family. Sometimes you can only watch and pray ... listening to them in silence with love and compassion. There will come a time when your family will put their guard down, and begin to question things in their own heart.

Meanwhile equip yourself. Though it's difficult to navigate this forum at times, there are many rebuttals to LC teachings here. Sometimes the right verse can help, sometimes a little dose of common sense. These can challenge your family in a loving way. Prepare loving answers for them when the Lord provides opportunity. Most LCers have no idea how much LSM reeks with hypocrisy and unrighteousness.

Young people think the FTTA will cure all their issues as a Christian. They have been convinced of this from their childhood. It takes time to break them of this spell. So many have returned from the FTTA and could not return to normal life. They were filled with arrogant judgmentalism. It took a while for that garbage to go thru their system.
Thank you, I’ve been reading it for months and only tapped the surface! I plan on remaining for a while to learn/heal though! Appreciate your insight on it. Do you have family still in the church? It’s good advice- I just don’t know how I’m going to navigate this honestly.