View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 07:07 PM   #7
UntoHim
Grateful Servant

Default Re: I've Been Thinking

My friend,
As you may recall (or maybe not) one of the enduring themes in the teachings of Witness Lee was "Christ versus religion" (also the name of Lee's seminal work of the same title) The simple truth is that what Christ is "versus", or against as it were, is not religion per se, but false religion. The tragic irony is that Lee and his followers have initiated and developed a religious system with some of the most dogmatic set of teachings and practices ever known in recent Christian history. Unfortunately, you were caught up at a very early age in this religious system of error, and suffered the worst affects of these dogmatic teachings and practices. My heart goes out to you, my friend, and I really admire and wonder at your courage and intestinal fortitude to come and post what you have. You have laid your soul bare, and frankly we are not used to such a display of raw emotions around this place. Though many, if not most, of us on this forum were wounded in some form or fashion, we have heard and seen so much over the past decades, and have been airing out and hashing out these matters online for the better part of the last decade, many of us have become somewhat hardened and jaded. Your heartfelt posting has probably caught many of us a little off guard.

So, as it turns out, it is a good thing to be free from the false religion of the Local Church of Witness Lee. This forum is filled with the testimonies of many who have been freed as well. I must tell you, however, that you have not been freed from being subjected to the sovereign will of the God of the Bible, the Creator of Heaven and Earth. This is a very hard concept to grasp for someone like you who has experienced the very worst of what false religion, and the purveyors of false religion, have to offer. Most false religions make a claim that if you follow them you will be "in God's best". Well, I can't blame someone like you who says "if this is what God's best has to offer, then I want nothing to do with God or what he is offering". But you see, I would be doing you a great disservice if I didn't advise you that it matters not what I or anyone else here would blame you or not blame you for. Most of us around here are...mmm, I'll use my favorite politically correct term...Oldies but Goodies. Our consciences are far too busy dealing with the blame we have to deal with to blame someone like you for anything you believe, no longer believe, or conclusions you have come to.

I'm sure you are very familiar with John 3:16. "For God so loved the world...". I must tell you now, the verse immediately following, 3:17, is infinitely more important for someone in your position. "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.". There is a related passage later in the Gospel of John: "I judge no one. Yet even if I do judge, my judgment is true, for it is not I alone who judge, but I and the Father who sent me." (8:16,17) The sovereign will of God includes the worst news and best news for man. The worst news is we will be judged by God. The best news is that we will be judged by God. You have suffered the judgments of false religion. They mean nothing and will never mean anything. Their judgments are neither true nor righteous. You are not subject to their false and unrighteous judgments. There is a Righteous Judge who WILL eventually judge in truth and righteousness...however...

We have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous.

(1 John 2:1)

-