View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 06:29 AM   #7
aron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakersCorner View Post
Aron,

I enjoyed your testimony. You write honestly, a quality that is as rare as it is valuable.

SC
Thank you SC. In deference to your point on honesty, I was not a drug kingpin. I didn't kill anyone, or see that happen. I was a user who got involved in the manufacture & sale. In high school, probably 40% of my classmates were users. It was rampant. And buying and selling among peers was ubiquitous. Nearly everyone who used bought and sold it. It was very widespread. I got involved more than most, I suspect. After high school, the trend continued, and at one point accelerated to where basically that's all I did. I definitely could have gone to prison for the amounts I was handling.

But even worse was the people you were dealing with. There are a LOT of unhappy people out there! I suspect in the gospels they would be characterized as 'demon posessed', or some such. Very unstable, lots of darkness. To me, physically fighting with other people over drugs and money was probably the low point. The story of the prodigal son, fighting with the hogs over husks, really resonates with me.

Anyway, I wasn't a really evil man. Just a very unhappy young man who didn't know how to live. I was not the 'good material' that the Headquarters was pushing for. But the local 'troops' took me in and treated me as if I did, in fact, matter to God. And for that I will be eternally grateful.
aron is offline   Reply With Quote