View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 12:40 PM   #54
aron

Default Re: The Mormon Church is "The Church"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
To those in "The Church," whether the Mormon "The Church," The Recovery "The Church," or actually, all the other "The Churches," I have this to say :

Ye shall know the truth and the truth will set you free. Be not afraid to be as the wind. - John 8:32 & 3:8
John 1 tells us, "The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God" I was touched by "believe into his name". We believe into his name, and have the right to become children of God. Either this is true, or not. I believe it is true.

Again in Acts 3, Peter and John were in the temple at the third hour prayer, and Peter spoke to the astonished crowd, "By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see."

Again we have faith in the name of Jesus. There's power in the name, and the faith in this name appropriates the power. We have the power to live, as he lived; the power to heal, to forgive, to encourage, to teach, to bless, and the right to become God's children. Now, does the Bible speak of other things? Of course. But if you ask me what is truth, I would say this kind of word comes awfully close. If there's any objective reality available for appropriation, it's something like this: believe into the name of Jesus Christ and be saved.

The rest of it, called "the central lane of the divine economy" or "the Church" or "the body" or "the ministry of the age" or "God's current speaking" or some special "recovered truth" is foofaraw. The subtle one beguiled Eve and he's been beguiling ever since. 2 Cor 11 "But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ."

There is nothing else except Jesus Christ, crucified and raised to glory. In the simplicity of truth, there is safety. Beware of those offering special, proprietary teachings.