View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #29
Freedom

Default Re: Two Year Training Testimonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
I dont believe that. You put the 2 year 'gap' on your resume and treat it like any other bible qualification. You also highlight the transferable skills gained at the training. Many young people have gaps nowadays from going travelling and exploring the world anyway.
Having a "Bible qualification" does not automatically translate into real world job skills. Most people realize this. That is why outside the LCM, people do not attend a seminary or Bible school just because. They do it with a purpose in mind, such as if they intend to become a pastor. Also, the decision is in lieu of pursuing a traditional career. Interestingly, the LCM seems to frown upon those who decide to take a career path seriously. It's almost as if they are suggesting that anyone who doesn't attend the FTT has their priorities messed up, when in reality it should be the other way around.

I'm not out to bash those who have attended the FTT. I wish all the best for them. What I'm saying is that if they were pressured into attending or attended in an indecisive manner, then generally speaking, they will have their work cut out for them after graduating.

One of my friends who attended the FTT has called me a few times over the past few years probing for career advice. I have been hesitant to offer him anything specific because his problem was exactly what I mentioned in my post - a two year inexplicable resume 'gap'. I can't do anything for him to make that go away. By contrast, I know a few trainees who graduated and had jobs waiting for them - at their family businesses. Some have it a lot easier, they knew a job would be waiting for them going in. Not all have to worry about what happens after the training, but it still should be a concern for the majority of the trainees.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote