View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 01:46 AM   #149
A little brother

Default Re: How many people have heard of LSM/Lee/Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
There are some who see the law as a measure or test about a person's spirituality. This is not correct. After believing in Christ the law does not then become a test or standard by which we are judged. The only standard of judgement is faith in Christ:

John 3:10 "He who believes in Him is not judged;

The believer is no longer under the law (either for salvation or for testing their spirituality) -

Romans 6:14 Sin is no longer your master, for you no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God's grace.

How much of the law is a valid test? Suppose one person does not keep the sabbath but another does. Is the person who keeps the sabbath living more of a life in Christ than one who doesn't? According to you they would be.

The problem is if you think keeping the law is a sign of our life in Christ then you are obliged to keep the WHOLE law (you can't pick and choose which laws you want to follow) -

James 2:10 For whosoever shall have kept the whole law, and then offends in one point is made guilty of all.

To answer your rhetorical question "does a grown up man throw away everything he learned in his childhood?". The answer is yes according to Paul:

Phil 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

To turn from the law to Christ is to reject the old law:

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
I will hold my reply because I was discussing with Drake.

Anyway, you seem to have rejected Drake's idea that by Jesus perfect life living in us, we can live a life that is satisfying to God, a life that fulfills all the righteous requirements of the law.
A little brother is offline   Reply With Quote