View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 09:00 PM   #5
countmeworthy

Default Re: Can I be candid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindnessNotBlindness View Post
I will just say that being atheist has brought me so much peace after 34 years, I'm 36, of being in the "church life" and do not want to be persuaded back to religion. I think the transition was inevitable as I felt "God" or any other supreme being is wicked for letting people suffer and blame it on "Satan". /. I am the victim of a sexual assault and I can promise you "God" was NOT there and neither was Satan. I was alone. ....

Also, as a psych nurse who treats patients with auditory and visual hallucinations and see patients who are hyperreligious or who get on their knees to pray to a God who does not, will not, and cannot heal their sick minds I can assure you I no longer believe in this Hallucination. Being "in the Spirit" to me is a contagious phenomenon.

It is interesting to be a Black woman who was first in the LC and now atheist because I felt judged in the church life and now judged as an atheist because most Black people are raised in the church. There are more who are becoming atheist and I am happy this is occurring!
Hi again..
I replied to your first post before reading this post. I just want to say, I too was sexually abused and felt alone. I have been hurt, betrayed, controlled, manipulated, lied to by Christians and non Christians alike. When I got violently ill with RA, I only had friends who were atheists. They were my best friends until I got sick. They quickly abandoned me. I understand now why I was abandoned by just about everyone. I even felt God had abandoned me!

NO ONE came to my aid. But honestly, skipping the details, JESUS did heal my soul. I still suffer from RA but I am in a good place spiritually and emotionally. 17 yrs I have been in physical pain 24/7. Many months it has been excruciating. I am single and don't have family. One brother in a different state. I do have friends and have great neighbors who are there for me. But it was not always like that.

I know it's hard for you to understand God is real and that God is Love because of your own experience and what you see in the patients. You have been gifted to help these people however way you do. Thank you for helping people who many people have abandoned because they don't know how to help them.

That is so wonderful!! You surely will be rewarded.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote